[Buddha-l] Dubai and the Buddha?

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Fri Feb 24 10:58:32 MST 2006

Due to recent list silence, I'm breaking it by making the following
off-the-wall observations. Joanna K.
The very latest Buddha Bar is about to be, contrayr to world protests from
Buddhists, or already has been, set up in the port of Dubai, of which the
Kingdom that owns this port might become the owner of a few of our US ports
as well. I wonder if the Buddha's presence there might have recently
influenced the Kingdom to say they would accept delaying the decision about
taking over some of our ports, perhaps on the grounds that ahimsa is better
than himsa?
Or something......