[Buddha-l] Society for Asian and Comparative Philosophy

Eric Nelson esnels at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:29:45 MST 2006

Dear group,
some of you might be interested in the activities of the SACP (Society
for Asian and Comparative Philosophy), which is dedicated to
increasing communication between Eastern and Western philosophy as
well as between the different areas of Asian philosophy.

The SACP Annual Conference, with the topic of DESIRE, will be meeting from
June 18-21, 2006 at the Asilomar Conference Grounds in Pacific Grove,
CA. Papers on various aspects of and approaches to desire in Asian
thought, religion, and culture are welcome. The deadline for abstracts
has been extended to February 20, 2006 and can be submitted online at:
http://www.sacpweb.org/conferences/abstractform.php?id=6

The SACP also sponsors sessions at the APA (East, Central, and
Pacific), AAR, and AAS. Abstracts for these conferences can be
submitted at: http://www.sacpweb.org/news/progchair.php

The SACP is in the process of transforming its newsletter, "the SACP
Forum", into an extended online publication which I will be coediting.
We welcome articles (up to 6,000 words), critical discussions
(1,500-3,000 words), and review essays. Submissions can concern a
general topic or a specialized issue relevant to Asian and/or
Comparative thought. Further information can be found at:
http://www.sacpweb.org/news/forum.php

Thank you for your time, and best wishes,

Eric Nelson

http://faculty.uml.edu/enelson/index.html