[Buddha-l] Re: Buddha-L & censorship

Andrew Skilton skiltonat at Cardiff.ac.uk
Sun Feb 12 06:06:42 MST 2006

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 Stephen Hodge wrote:

>Joy Vriens wrote:

>> I have learned with disappointment that an excellent contributor to this
>> list is stopped from posting by the moderators and I would like to speak
>> out my disagreement with that decision.
>I have not yet heard both sides of this matter, but my initial impression is
>that double standards are yet again in operation.  It is all very well to
>praise free-speech, but why then deny a subscriber equal rights for no
>obvious reasons ?   I also deplore this situation and hope that a public
>explanation might be forthcoming from the moderators.

I would like to add my support to these remarks. I would like to hear the other
side of this issue, and am not happy with the manner in which Dan's posts, in
his account of it, were refused. This apparently silent removal of a frequent
and worthwhile contributor seems completely at odds with the ethos of the list.

Andrew