[Buddha-l] Buddhism and blasphemy

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Fri Feb 10 10:01:52 MST 2006

On Feb 7, 2006, at 5:43 PM, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

> http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/45884734/critiques/
> Offensive_Cartoons.asp

Thanks for this reference. There is LOTS of good stuff at this website.

>  Where were all of you protesting these "offenses"?

Well I, for one, didn't know about them. I certainly agree that there
seems to be a double standard for political cartoons (or multiple
standard). I also agree that some of them would seem to be offensive
to nearly anybody with the slightest bit of taste left.

I don't believe that we have gotten out of control (yet) on Buddha-l,
however. Several of us (not including me -- I never have any idea
what is going on) are pretty good watchdogs and blow the whistle when
things get to going too far.