[Buddha-l] Core teachings

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Wed Feb 1 00:11:17 MST 2006

Richard Nance wrote:

> I have a feeling you're baiting us, Richard, but I'll bite.  I like
> your interpretation, but I don't know how to reconcile it with
> passages like "sabba.m bhikkhave dukkha.m" (SN IV, p. 28).

I have always been puzzled by that statement. The only way in which this
can be true is when one is looking for something absolute in this world
and in one's experience and when one feels dissatisfaction when not
finding it. So what is the cause of experiencing everything as
dissatisfactory? Perfectionism.

Joy