[Buddha-l] Re: Buddhist family life

Benito Carral bcarral at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 13:30:15 MST 2006

On Monday, December 11, 2006, Jack wrote:

>> marxist-oriented   Westerners   feel  attracted   by
>> postmodern reinterpretations of traditional Buddhism

> If  I  remember  correctly,  you have used the phrase
> "postmodern  reinterpretations" before.  What  do you
> mean by it?

   Postmodern reinterpretations of traditional Buddhism
are characterized because they project on the tradition
the  "truth  is  a  social construction (relative)" and
"good  and  bad  are  social  constuctions  (relative)"
postmodern  ideals.  For  example,  they could possibly
agree  with  Peter  Singer  that "right sexual conduct"
could include sexual intercourse with pets.

   Best wishes,

--
   Benito Carral
     Asturias, Sepharad (Spain)