[Buddha-l] Re: buddha-l Digest, Vol 18, Issue 38

Vicente Gonzalez vicen.bcn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 19:57:04 MDT 2006

Malcolm wrote:

MD> See this volume on sale for $10:
MD> SS CULTURE – VOLUME THREE: SS FAITH
MD> http://www.third-reich-books.com/x-547c-ss-culture-volume-three.htm
MD> and explore these sources:

yes... I know.  Although that literature is not serious to talk about
the existence of a Religion. Even it was not serious in those times.
It was developed to indoctrinate the masses around political goals.
Much more an excuse to create a new belief for the masses under
political control. As you knows, that pseudo.religion was a mixture
of disparate things; Paganism, Christianism, Buddhism, Hinduism or
whatever. It was a little part of a bigger intention to create a
collective sense of "having a mission" in the History.
In this sense, my point in the last message was that such mission
finally was political, tribal or racist. But not directly religious.
Not a crusade for religious goals. That pseudo.religion was an excuse
or another additive.

MD> Buddhism continues despite the revulsion some feel toward
MD> self-immolation, which has a long Buddhist history. I believe the
MD> unrealistic definitions of religion which are common to European and
MD> Christian cultures are a source of the general confusion they suffer
MD> when attempting to understand Islam and the Middle East.

Can you explain a little more this point?. Where is that confusion?

br,