[Buddha-l] Footwear

Bankei bankei at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 07:49:18 MDT 2006

Hi

I suppose it may depend on your interpretation. Footwear not made out of
leather should be ok.

In Thailand, the usualy practice is for monks for go bearfoot on the morning
bindabart (almsround). Even monks that are ill would not wear footware on
bindabart.

But other than bindabart that they wear footwear, usually sandal type.

Bankei