[Buddha-l] Re: Bertrand Russell

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Mon Aug 14 17:40:55 MDT 2006

On Aug 14, 2006, at 12:45 PM, Benito Carral wrote:

> On Monday, August 14, 2006, Jim Peavler wrote:
>
>> Some  human  conversation  aching?
>
>    Are  you  suggesting  that  quoting  the  Buddha  is
> preaching?   Are   you  criminalizing  Buddha's  quotes
> because  you  don't  like  them?  I'm sorry but I don't
> follow you.

Not at all, and you are smart enough to know that you are doing
exactly what you are excoriating others for doing. I am not offended
at all by quotes from the Old Indian Guy and you know very well what
I was talking about.. It is your tone that is offensive and your
insisting that everyone else falls far short of the ideal you have
set for yourself.

>    And  yes,  there  are a lot of exchange in my world,
> it's  just  that  I  try to follow the Old Indian Guy's
> teaching  and  avoid  idle chattering and harsh speech,
> because it provokes dukkha for oneself and others.

Do you imagine that your "more Buddhist than thou" stance in relation
to everybody does not provoke dukkha? I prefer silence to pompous
bullshit, similarly to you. I prefer humor and irony to self-
righteousness and self-aggrandizement. Perhaps that makes me a
solipsist.

>    You  know,  there  are people who find funny beating
> others, what do you think about it? Do you celebrate it
> as  part  of  human  life?  I  really  appreciate  your
> camaraderie,  but  it  can  become  dangerous  if it to
> clouds your view.

Actually, I really do enjoy beating others. I love the smell of fresh
blood, but nothing is more satisfying than the smell of the ordure
that reeks from broken bodies and ruptures intestines. This is why I
enjoy working at search and rescue in the mountains. There are so
many opportunities to enjoy the ecstasy of broken bodies of young
foolish people. It sure beats the hell out of Buddha-l for pure
sensual pleasure.

>    Do  you  think  that  raising  Buddhist  topics  are
> appropriate for Buddha-L?

This is a stupid and insulting question.

>    Best wishes,

And even better wishes to you, you arhat you.