[Buddha-l] Re: Bertrand Russell

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Mon Aug 14 12:45:48 MDT 2006

On Monday, August 14, 2006, Jim Peavler wrote:

> Some  human  conversation  is  valued  because people
> enjoy the thoughts, ideas, humor, etc. of other human
> creatures.  [...]  Is  there  room in your particular
> cosmos  for  any  sort  of exchange between quiet and
> idle chattering, other than preaching?

   Are  you  suggesting  that  quoting  the  Buddha  is
preaching?   Are   you  criminalizing  Buddha's  quotes
because  you  don't  like  them?  I'm sorry but I don't
follow you.

   And  yes,  there  are a lot of exchange in my world,
it's  just  that  I  try to follow the Old Indian Guy's
teaching  and  avoid  idle chattering and harsh speech,
because it provokes dukkha for oneself and others.

   You  know,  there  are people who find funny beating
others, what do you think about it? Do you celebrate it
as  part  of  human  life?  I  really  appreciate  your
camaraderie,  but  it  can  become  dangerous  if it to
clouds your view.

   Do  you  think  that  raising  Buddhist  topics  are
appropriate for Buddha-L?

   Best wishes,

--
Benito Carral