[Buddha-l] Re: Bertrand Russell

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Mon Aug 14 11:59:35 MDT 2006

On Monday, August 14, 2006, Jim Peavler wrote:

>> Do you really think you're so funny? :-)

> I think you should lighten up a bit before you have a
> stroke  or  something.  You  really  need  to relax a
> little.

   I  don't  know  how can be funny misrepresent others
and  attack  them.  It's  possible to share with others
without uttering nonsense or using harsh speech. As far
as  I'm  concerned,  life  is  not about having fun but
about  having peace. It seems that there are people who
prefer  empty  talk  to  enjoy silence (even the shared
one).

   The Old Indian Guy taught us well:

           And  what  is  right speech? Abstaining from
        lying,   abstaining   from   divisive   speech,
        abstaining from abusive speech, abstaining from
        idle  chatter:  This,  monks,  is  called right
        speech (SN 45.8).

Do  you prefer a quiet list or a idle chattering one? I
know my answer.

   Best wishes,

--
Benito Carral