[Buddha-l] Re: On Dylan and Pottery

Chan Fu chanfu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 15:27:49 MDT 2005

On 9/29/05, Richard P. Hayes <rhayes at unm.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 14:44 -0600, Jim Peavler wrote:
>
> > Well, actually, I was just joking. Except about the part where I said I
> > never argue.
>
> I never joke. I find it unseemly conduct for a gentleman, who should
> keep his mind on more noble enterprises, such as conquering other
> countries for their own good.

"Hey, what's wrong with hosing down those heathen?"
 - Asa Earl Carter

> "Where the clear stream of reason
> has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit...
> Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake."
>                              --Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941)

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more
and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and
glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's
desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright
moron."
 - H.L. Mencken (honorary buddhist)