[Buddha-l] Re: Greetings from Oviedo

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Thu Sep 29 09:10:31 MDT 2005

> If one forgets a second about the battle of good against bad,
> freedom-lovers and freedom-haters, and the suffering it causes, it's quite
> a funny remark coming from someone for whom Jesus is the favorite
> political philosopher, one that is alleged to have said:
>
> "Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive
> the wooden beam in your own eye?
> How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your
> eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye?
> You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will
> see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye." (Matthew
> 7.3-5)
>
> Joy
Good point Joy, but one little problem:  Bush doesn't read.

If he ever quotes scripture, you could be sure it would be supplied
by one of his cronies. Now that various sources are asserting that he
has fallen off the no-alcohol wagon, one wonders who his favorite
philosopher is now.
Too bad he missed out on Buddhism. But people of his class prejudices
usually can stomach only the most conventional faith choices, if even those.
Joanna