[Buddha-l] Land of no Buddha everywhere

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sun Sep 4 22:37:42 MDT 2005

Posted by Joanna
====================

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1217362.cms

India tops arms spending in developing world

The Economic Times

REUTERS[ FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 02, 2005 12:49:48 AM]

WASHINGTON: India ordered $5.7bn in weapons last year,
overtaking Saudi Arabia and China to become the
Developing World's leading buyer, a study sent to the
US Congress this week showed. With $15.7bn in orders,
India edged out China, with $15.3bn, to become the
developing world's biggest weapons buyer for the
eight-year period up to '04 reviewed by the
non-partisan Congressional Research Service.

....US willingness to consider selling advanced military
items to India suggests it may view India as a
potential regional counterweight to growing Chinese
military power, Grimmett added........

Russia remained the chief supplier to both India and
China, but India has expanded its base, the report
said. In '04, for instance, it purchased Phalcon early
warning defence system aircraft from Israel for
$1.1bn. Saudi Arabia ranked second among Developing
World arms buyers last year, with deals valued at
$2.9bn, and China was third, with $2.2bn in
agreements. Asia accounted for the lion's share of
Russia's arms-sale agreements in the period surveyed.

Prokashana Utshab of Alo-hate Choliyachye Adharer Jatri held successfully

http://www.mukto-mona.com/Articles/alo_hate/book/prokashona_utshob_held.htm

Some FAQ's about Mukto-Mona:

http://www.mukto-mona.com/new_site/mukto-mona/faq_mm.htm

>From moderation Desk: Please help us with feedbacks on MM forum; in order to serve you better:

http://www.mukto-mona.com/news/feedback/poll_10112004.htm

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

"I may disagree of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

-Voltaire