[Buddha-l] Re: on eating meat

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Mon Oct 24 03:50:11 MDT 2005

Mike Austin wrote:
> In message <435CA5E8.4010803 at nerim.net>, Joy Vriens
> <joy.vriens at nerim.net> writes
>
>> Mike Austin wrote:
>>
>>> 1. Mind is the forerunner of all actions.
>>>    All deeds are led by mind, created by mind.
>>>    If one speaks or acts with a corrupt mind, suffering follows,
>>>    As the wheel follows the hoof of an ox pulling a cart.
>>>  2. Mind is the forerunner of all actions.
>>>    All deeds are led by mind, created by mind.
>>>    If one speaks or acts with a serene mind, happiness follows,
>>>    As surely as one's shadow.
>>

>> Were we acting when we were born? What is acting?
>

> "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players"
> (Shakespeare)

"All the world's a reality show, and all the men and women merely
houseguests"

“But for the present age, which prefers the sign to the thing signified,
the copy to the original, representation to reality, appearance to
essence . . . truth is considered profane, and only illusion is sacred.
Sacredness is in fact held to be enhanced in proportion as truth
decreases and illusion increases, so that the highest degree of illusion
comes to be the highest degree of sacredness.”

—Feuerbach, Preface to the second edition
of The Essence of Christianity

http://www.bopsecrets.org/SI/debord/1.htm