[Buddha-l] Re: on eating meat

Jildi Mohamad Sjah jehms at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 24 02:39:57 MDT 2005

Michael Paris schreef:

>Perhaps I'm on a one-person mission to put Buddhism into some sort of
>basic, common language that I can understand and explain to another in
>like terms. Why else would I be pursing this "ad irritatem?" <G>
>
>I do appreciate everyone's contribution to this perhaps obvious topic.
>Seems that what's obvious to many isn't the least clear to me. The
>Columbo Effect, maybe?
>

>Michael

No Michael, just good intuitions and common sense
this threat is supposed to be about action, but it's merely about words (even words for colours). Words people hear from lama's and read in books. One acts with ones body, not with ones intentions or imagination, otherwise those lama's would have to flee from Tibet. There imagination was a lot stronger then Mao's. This maybe materialistic, but it's a simple truth. One even cannot read or have intentions without a nervous system.

erik