[Buddha-l] Re: karma and action

Michael Paris parisjm2004 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 14:17:14 MDT 2005

(Soundsl like an interesting topic to pursue for a thesis.)

If, indeed, such entities have ever existed. Or even can exist.

I've deliberately avoided broaching enlightenment. That's a question
for another day when I don't have homework awaiting my attention (or
after I am enlightened <G>).

Michael

--- Richard Nance <richard.nance at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> So far as I'm aware, "intentional actions" and "actions such that
consequences similar to the act rebound upon the agent" are presented
as coextensive within the tradition. (This leads to the thorny problem
of whether and how fully-fledged Buddhas have intentions. Thankfully,
for the purposes of this discussion, we don't need to worry about that
problem very much.)

[snip]