[Buddha-l] Liberal arts technophobia [was: Shingon sutras]

Michael Paris parisjm2004 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 11:39:20 MDT 2005

Not all philosophers are Internet-ignorant. Both Philosophy and
Philosophy Now magazines have excellent web sites, with numerous
references to online resources.

Then there's the philosophy listserv, PHILOS-L, with its companion
list. CHORA.

There are many online courses (though all I'm familar with are based in
Great Britain). I had the privilege of taking an email course in basic
Stoicism from the British scholar Dr. Keith Seddon.

You're referring to MS/PC-DOS or Apple DOS (for the Apple ][, AKA Apple
//)?

I liked the //e. Command line -- that's for me. Never cared a whit for
Macs.

Michael

--- "Richard P. Hayes" <rhayes at unm.edu> wrote:

[snip]

> > I suspect there are still folks in the languages, history,
philosophy, and other liberal arts who don't read things online, and
who would not  give much respect to anything published online.