[Buddha-l] Re: on eating meat

ronleifer at aol.com ronleifer at aol.com
Sun Oct 23 11:37:26 MDT 2005

 -----Original Message-----
 From: Michael Paris <parisjm2004 at yahoo.com>
 To: Buddhist discussion forum <buddha-l at mailman.swcp.com>
 Sent: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 10:11:56 -0700 (PDT)
 Subject: Re: [Buddha-l] Re: on eating meat

 In fact, it seems karma directly relates to moral actions. Good karma
 corresponds to "good" moral acts, and vice versa. Of course, the
 clincher is the meaning of "good" and "bad." That's what this thread
 has been about all along. Messy subject.

 I wonder if Buddhist ethics and morality can be discussed in English
 terms, without reference to "karma" and other semi-metaphysical terms.
 That might clarify the arguments.

 Michael

  Based on what I have heard, simply stated, karma means intentional
action and its consequences. Good action benefits one's self and
others. Bad action harms.

 Ron Leifer