[Buddha-l] Shingon sutras

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Oct 20 22:30:28 MDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 01:47 +0100, Stephen Hodge wrote:

> It is published by RoutledgeCurzon, an imprint of the Taylor and Francis
> group.  You will therefore need to mortgage your house and sell off your
> children (if you have any) to raise the funds to purchase it.

We have talked about this before, but I can't resist saying yet again
what a pity it is that book publishers feel they have to charge such
high prices for books. There are so many books I would love to order for
our library that can't be purchased because the purblind idiots who run
governments in this country have slashed budgets to universities so they
can fund useless and counterproductive wars. And I can't afford to buy
more than a few of these books for myself on my salary.

I am so thoroughly fed up with the publishing industry that I am
seriously considering publishing everything else I write from now on on
the Internet so that people can get it for free (which is about the
right price for the quality of the work I do anyway).

--
Richard