[Buddha-l] Re: on eating meat

Lawrence K. Starner l.k.starner at larc.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 20 08:34:39 MDT 2005

I eat meat, I confess, simply because I like it.  I drink a daily quantity
of wine (usually 2 glasses) in the evening, but I don't drink enough for
intoxication.  I also admit that I'm ignorant and not the best Buddhist in
the world.  My only redeeming factor, if any, is that I try to practice
zazen daily.  I may gradually turn away from meat and alcohol as I
spiritually evolve (or not).  It seems that these behaviors can best be
altered at their foundation from deep within as we change through practice.

-- Larry