[Buddha-l] Re: on eating meat

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Thu Oct 20 08:16:33 MDT 2005

Dear Stephen,

> Aha !  All this time, because of your first name, I had been thinking
> you were female !

I am working hard at achieving a perfect balance of yin and yang (with
just that bit of extra yang to keep the missus happy), but the road to
the primeval androgyn is long and winding. My name, the name of my
grandfather, is actually a diminutive in Dutch dialect (Brabants) of
"Janus", but don't ask me how they managed to transform that into "Joy"
(pronounced "yoy").

>  Just goes to show how we are influenced by our
> cultural preconceptions.  I wonder how many other subscribers will find
> this a revelation....

I will let you know if more people start responding to my postings (gros
bisous, Joanna)... ;-)

Joy