[Buddha-l] Re: Buddhist pacifism

Gad Horowitz horowitz at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat Oct 15 14:13:39 MDT 2005

any link in a chain, especially if it is a living being, offers resistance.
if there were no resistance, there would be no "links".  link implies
separation, not mere conduction of previous events.  resistance is not
eliminable from chaining.  or to put this in more familiar language, you
can't not decide.  nondecision is decision.  for us buddhists etc. the
question would be what decision is conducive tothe enlightenment of the last
blade of grass, etc.