[Buddha-l] Re: An experiment (Gender on Buddha-l)

Franz Metcalf franzmetcalf at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 13 16:34:13 MDT 2005

Michael,

I'm sorry I don't have time to adequately respond to you. I'll just say
that I generally agree with what you write. Any "need" for buddha-l to
be more inclusive is merely my perceived need, not a constitutionally
or religiously mandated need (since buddha-l never was "Buddhist," and
is no longer "academic"). I simply "feel" (yes, a highly subjective
word) that there is more to difference than difference of opinion, and
that the list would benefit from such difference.

But, hey, it's already good, and, I think, more than an "amusement." To
really engage others in conversation on the dharma (broadly defined) is
not a diversion, it is awakened activity. It better be, or I am really
blowing this priceless human birth.

Franz