[Buddha-l] Re: Buddhist pacifism

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Thu Oct 13 16:10:57 MDT 2005

On Thursday, October 13, 2005, Richard P. Hayes wrote:

>> I  wouldn't die without trying to defend the world I
>> have chosen to live in.

> We may differ on this.

   Sure. :-)

> I  didn't  choose  to  live  in  any  world.  It just
> happened.

   For  me, it is obvious that I didn't practice enough
to leave samsara in my previous rebirth, and that's why
I  was  born  in  a  specific  world.  Anyway,  I  have
(freely?)  chosen  many  things  in  this current life,
among them the values I live by.

> And  I'm  quite  happy  to let it just stop happening
> when the conditions support that.

   I'm  not afraid of death. That's not my problem. I'm
afraid  of  having to live according to the values that
others try to force me to live by. I will not allow it.

   Best wishes,

   Beni