[Buddha-l] Re: "So much for tsunami dana"

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Thu Oct 13 13:43:39 MDT 2005

Hi Catalina,
 I was citing Mexican workers in the context of Katrina's hurricane damage, where local former resident African-Americans need those jobs of rebuilding  New Orleans in the state of Louisiana, not of California....

Yes--The money that goes to fix oil platforms will be taxpayers' money that the feds will go into debt for. Instead of forcing the oil companies to pay for the repairs themselves out of their insurance and their windfall profits!
Joanna
Mexico workers (legal and illegal) have alwayas been an important part of California economy..........the USA goverment knows that, they need them. But don't worry, some of those illegal mexicans are just killed by some farmers.

What scandalises me more is the fact that a huge part of the money that USA got will go to fix oil plattforms..........

catalina