[Buddha-l] Re: "So much for tsunami dana"

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Thu Oct 13 12:12:52 MDT 2005

On Wednesday, October 12, 2005, Curt wrote:

> If  that  money  were  instead  spent on wasteful aid
> programs  in which only 1/10 of the money went to the
> people  who  needed  it,  that  would  still  be $100
> billion  a  year going to people who desparately need
> it.  [...]Throwing  money  at problems is better than
> thowing bombs and guns at them.

   I  don't  agree  with  this argument at all, I think
that it is wishful thinking at best.

   If of $100 billion $90 billion go to a rich minority
and  $10  billion  go  to a poor majority, would not it
increase  the  breach  between  poor  and rich people?,
would  not  it  empower  the  oligarchy  that keeps the
breach growing?

   Best wishes,

   Beni