[Buddha-l] Speaking of tests...

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Oct 13 10:52:33 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 12:36 -0400, Ross Barlow wrote:

>  I scored a 30, putting me in the lowest range of Spiritual
> Dabblers (open to spiritual matters but far from impressed).

It is not often that I admit to being envious, but this time I really
have to confess for all to see that I wish I had been able to score 30
or below. I keep trying to convince myself that I'm a Hardcore Skeptic,
but somehow I just can't believe it without adequate evidence.

>  Damn.  If I do turn out to be on the losing side of Pascal's
> Wager, and if Hell really does exist, I'm cooked.

At least you'll be in an interesting stew. Cooking with a bunch of other
skeptics will be a hell of a lot more fun than floating around on the
clouds with a bunch of Pentecostals who died in a bus crash on their way
home form a Sunday school picnic.

--
Richard Hayes
***