[Buddha-l] Speaking of tests...

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Thu Oct 13 09:52:02 MDT 2005

This test is almost completely crap. The very first question lets you
know that there is a strong bias toward a Western/Christian approach to
Religion. That the very first question is framed in terms of "God"
automatically makes it impossible for anyone who does not belong to a
monotheistic spiritual tradition to accurately answer the question. Of
course the fact that the site is called "beliefnet" is the first clue
that they've got it all wrong. The idea that different religions can be
distinguished/categorized on the basis of their "beliefs" is one of the
crudest and most obvious signs of a person who has never seriously
studied any kind of spirituality outside of Christianity/Islam/Judaism.
Even many Jews reject the idea that their religion is primarily a matter
of what they "believe", for that matter.

I scored a 67 - I thought I would score higher than that, actually. So
far it looks like I'm in the lead. I was praying for a high score - I
guess I should have prayed harder. I kind of cheated though - but it was
necessary since about half the questions had no answer that was right
for me.

- Curt