[Buddha-l] Re: An experiment (Gender on Buddha-l)

Andrew Skilton skiltonat at Cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Oct 12 11:22:04 MDT 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct:

[ASkilton]
>>  There are plenty of women out there who would be/are as oppressive or 'deaf'
as many
>> men can be, surely?
[JKirk]
>Yes indeed Andrew, quite so.
>But this list is not run by women or "a" woman, and there are few women left
>on it as well. Thus, the aspect of gender behavior you refer to is not
>relevant to my crit of this list's general tone nor to my call for civility
>as a more productive and peaceful Style.

I agree that it is irrelevant - I was speculating on why some responses to your
post seemed so pathetic. I thought I myself was saying that such responses, if
so motivated, are irrelevant.

>I was not addressing feminism per se, so why drag it in now?
>Unless you are fixin' to change the thread. Right?

I have no interest in doing this. It is others, I think, who have first
mentioned the 'f' word in relation to your position.

Andrew