[Buddha-l] Re: An experiment (Gender on Buddha-l)

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Tue Oct 11 22:36:34 MDT 2005

On Wednesday, October 12, 2005, Richard P. Hayes wrote:

> One  of  the  points  I  argued in that paper is that
> there  is  not  now, and never has been, any rational
> reason for Buddhism to make provisions for women.

   Tonigh  I  have  been  reading  chapter  23  of your
favourite  sutra  (_The  Lotus  Sutra,_  just  in  case
someone  doesn't know it), and I can't repress the urge
of quoting a passage from it:

           That   real  had  no  women,  hell-dwellers,
           hungry  ghost,  beasts,  or  asuras,  or any
           troubles whatsover.

   Now I can understand why is your favourite one.

   Best wishes,

   Beni

PS:  Please,  read  it  noticing  the involved of irony
(just in case someone has missed it).