[Buddha-l] Re: Teaching Zen Buddhist philosophy

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Tue Oct 11 09:24:50 MDT 2005

Richard Nance wrote:

>Add to that a weakness making sweeping pronouncements on the basis of
>very little experience.  Curt, Richard Hayes has taught for decades. I
>don't think he needs you to tell him what good teaching involves.

Now now, no need for that. You don't know diddley about my "experience".
Unless you are talking very narrowly about my experience teaching
classes on "Zen Buddhist Philosophy" - of which I have nil, and have
already stated as much. But as everyone know, the correlation between
teaching quality and years in the saddle is far from direct. And Richard
obviously needs my help - or somebody's. He only pretends like he's not
going to take my free advice - but secretly he has already completely
revised his course syllabus. My Tarot cards told me all about it this
morning.

- Curt