[Buddha-l] Dana

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Tue Oct 11 08:42:34 MDT 2005

I choose good causes that meet one or both of these criteria: (1) I have
some direct personal connection to them - so that I know first hand that
this is a good cause, (2) I feel that this particular cause might not be
obvious to others - so I know that I am making a difference by my
participation. My favorite charity is the extended Sangha that I belong
to, including my teacher. But otherwise the groups that I support are
(in no particular order):

(1) The Prometheus Trust
(2) The Institute for Anarchist Studies
(3) The Institute for Sex Research
(4) The Peyote Way Church of God
(5) The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies
(6) The Leonard Peltier Defense Committee
(7) The National Abortion Rights Action League

Leonard Peltier, by the way, has now spent over 30 years in prison -
three years longer than Nelson Mandela did. And a belated "Happy
Indigenous Peoples Day" to all.

- Curt