[Buddha-l] Teaching Zen Buddhist philosophy

Michael Paris parisjm2004 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 11:46:25 MDT 2005

Zen At War certainly shook me to the roots. I wholeheartedly second any
recommendation for reading that book especially at university.

It is interesting, and rather fun, to attempt to make sense of Buddhism
and my own roots, but also the roots of Buddhism.

The more I learn about Japanese history and culture, the more Japanese
Buddhism makes some sense. Even Zen. <g>

Michael

--- "Richard P. Hayes" <rhayes at unm.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 03:41 -0400, Dan Lusthaus wrote:
> > I second Franz's suggestion to include Brian Victoria

[snip]