[Buddha-l] Re: Diversions, distractions and on-topic discussions

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Sat Oct 8 19:41:13 MDT 2005

In message <004501c5cc65$7beb0450$2930cece at charlie>, jkirk
<jkirk at spro.net> writes
>Speaking of "open space and seeing," the time has come for me to point
>out what I alluded to very indirectly before--that comments on this
>list are so spatially oriented toward, and closed, by the males on it
>that useful and relevant comments by a female, me in this case,
>continually are unresponded to and/or ignored.

Joanna,

Where did this come from? I only just responded to your last post. There
is one point I would make, though. You often post snippets and links.  I
am not really disposed to being sent off somewhere else to read articles
in this way. This is a Buddhist discussion group (I can be at least half
right here) and I prefer to discuss with people in their own words, when
I find discussion of the topic conducive to dukkha-nirodha. Whether they
fall into that category or not was the subject of this thread.

--
Metta
Mike Austin