[Buddha-l] Re: Greetings from Oviedo

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at padmacholing.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Oct 8 12:01:15 MDT 2005

Chan Fu wrote:

> If you have a problem with my english, be assured
> that the Buddha didn't speak it.

It was you that had the problem about my use of a conditional sentence.
Joanna asked you to explain your thinking but you have still failed to do.
Are you one of those people who speak without thinking first ?  I hope not.

Your comment about the Buddha and English is a complete non sequitur, unless
intended as a misplaced nod to the purported theme of this list -- but I
imagine that he would have understood a conditional sentence when he heard
it:  Indic languages like Pali and sanskrit even have a special verbal form
for the conditional..

> But ok then, next time I'll say "arse".
But, at the same time, do please try to speaking out of your arse if
possible.

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge