[Buddha-l] Re: Greetings from Oviedo

Catalina Castell-du Payrat c_castell at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 02:39:59 MDT 2005

Joy vriens wrote:

<<Also if we judge terrorists for purposely targeting innocents in order
to obtain a better world as they conceive it, then why shouldn't we
judge ourselves for purposely sacrifying innocents in order to create a
better world as we conceive it? If we say that the objective is worth
it
(=the sacrifice of innocents), then we are no better than the
terrorists
in that respect. There are no doubt a couple of fallacies in my
reasoning, but that's how I see it and I am open to being shown that I
am wrong. Especially if we can thus avoid Mappo.>>

In my opinion, yes, there is not a justification to kill innocents (or some other nocious act to living beings) based on: my intentions are to obtain a good result at the end.

I may choose to kill a mosquito because it can be a disease transmission agent but it doesn't mean that is a good act to kill a mosquito. I may choose to defend family or friends and doing that confronted to the situation that I may cause pain to others, I have never been in this situation so I don't know neither.

This is always me, choosing, according to situations and my own nature, background, etc. I desagree on the fact that institutions, goverments, groups, etc, justify their actions and act in the same way that criminals do, to me it makes them criminals as well. To me solutions are more based on: Prevention.

Catalina

Catalina Castell - du Payrat
c_castell at yahoo.com