[Buddha-l] Re: Greetings from Oviedo

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Thu Oct 6 23:13:12 MDT 2005

On Friday, October 7, 2005, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

>> Dan,  let  me  ask  you  what  you mean by "moderate
>> Muslims."

> Beni,  I'm  tempted  to be flippant, and say they are
> about as scarce these days as fully realized Buddhas,
> but instead will give two makeshift definitions:

> 1.  Any  Muslim  not hellbent on killing everyone who
> doesn't agree with them.

> 2.  Any Muslim who thinks the world would be a better
> place   without  the  hellbent  Muslims  rather  than
> without the victims of the hellbent.

   I  appreciate  you  taking  the  way  of definitions
because  now  I  understand  better your view and I can
agree  that  it  would  be  a good idea to support such
Muslims.  I  would  also support those who don't try to
change  other  peoples but peacefully coexist with them
respecting their ways.

   Best wishes,

   Beni