[Buddha-l] Re: Greetings from Oviedo

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Tue Oct 4 17:43:10 MDT 2005

On Wednesday, October 5, 2005, Chan Fu wrote:

> Do  you  tell  them  that  impermanence  is,  itself,
> impermanent?

   Of  course, in fact we were speaking about that some
weeks ago.

> What  do  you  tell  them,  Benito?  How  do you stop
> dukkha?

   I use to start explaining them the Four Noble Truths
and  the  Eightfold  Noble  Path. Then I invite them to
work  on  sila  while  teach  them how to observe their
breath and practice metta-bhavana. That uses to be keep
them  busy  for  some  time  after  which  they usually
discover  that  they  want  something different and try
with another teacher or school.

   Best wishes,

   Beni