[Buddha-l] Re: Greetings from Oviedo

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Tue Oct 4 06:47:21 MDT 2005

On Monday, October 3, 2005, Chan Fu wrote:

> Humanity   has  been  through  many  hard  times  and
> survived.  Perhaps  it's  because  the  universe just
> laughs  at that great big MYSELF and keeps going. I'm
> sure  if  we  (or  it)  managed to erase humanity, it
> would reinvent us. Maybe with cute fuzzy ears.

   That's  wishful thinking--humans beings have arrived
here,  but that doesn't mean that they will go further.
Many species, as dinosaurs, have dissapeared for ever.

   Humans  beings  are  not  funny  at all. Humanity is
dangerous for a lot of different species and the Earth.
The  wise  thing  is  to  stop  the  threat--an  urgent
transformation  of  the  global  mentality  is  needed,
otherwise  we  should  be  exterminated as a whole (and
with a sigh of relief).

   The  Earth  seems to be ruled by wishful rules, so I
have  hope.  If we need to go because we are too stupid
(and  I  think  so),  we  will go. The Buddha said that
stupidity is the problem, it has always been, but human
stupudity is not sustainable anymore.

   Best wishes,

   Beni