[Buddha-l] Turn off your television (was Re: Getting real about Buddhism and capitalism)

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sun Oct 2 14:04:33 MDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 06:14 -0700, The Nunchuku of Quiet Reflection
wrote:

> Perhaps a better solution would be to just unplug your television
> leave it on your sidewalk with a sign that reads "take me".

But it might then fall into the hands of some poor fool who would not
know the dangers of watching Fox News. Perhaps the better solution would
be to take the picture tube out (if they are still called that), take it
to a toxic waste dump, and leave the shell of the TV out in the yard as
a shelter for homeless mice and cockroaches.

Thanks for the suggestion. It was far more Buddhist than my original
plan.

--
The Logging Chain of Loving Kindness