[Buddha-l] Getting real about Buddhism and capitalism

Mitchell Ginsberg jinavamsa at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 1 19:34:33 MDT 2005

hello all,

Well, after having figured out how to change my
subscription, here I am again, enjoying the postings
of the past few days in my spare time.

Just one addendum here:

> On 9/30/05, jkirk <jkirk at spro.net> wrote:
>
> Hm---somehow I missed the Fable of the Bees, but
> interestingly enough, one
> year when
> I was doing research on ricksha arts in
> Bangladesh,one popular painted panel
> subject was
> bees on the panel (left) putting honey into a
> hive, and a hand on the right
> putting coin into a
> clay pot bank. I bet Stith Thompson had something
> to say about world
> distribution of this figure.
> Perhaps the issue of credit is only found in tales
> of the Mullah Nasrullah:)

========
Searching with Nasruddin, Nasreddin, Nasretin (more
Turkish style), or with Hoca (an alternative title),
will presumably work better here than Nasrullah.

But that's just a bit of proof-reading still in my
blood....
Jinavamsa
============

> Ironically, any economy could thrive just fine
> without the arms industry, but cadres of
> power hungry males thrive better with Ak47s.
> Joanna

http://www.geocities.com/jinavamsa/mentalhealth.html with links to
my home page, info on The Inner Palace (3rd ed.) and The Far Shore
(3rd ed.), further links to  psychotherapy, to my current teaching,
to the Insight Practice (Vipassana),  Chishtiyya (Sufi), Creative
Solutions for Peace, and Nasrudin discussion groups, and to the
Collective Dharma Insight project.