[Buddha-l] Getting real about Buddhism and capitalism

Dh Sinhavacin sinhavacin at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 1 17:00:01 MDT 2005

Erik asked:

Wasn't there a guy named Schumpeter who dreamed about a
>Buddhist economy?

Hi Erik,

I think you are thinking of EF Schumacher's *Small is Beautiful - A Study of
Economics As If People Mattered*.  I find that my copy (London, Abacus) was
printed in 1979, which is probably about when I read it, but I remember I
was impressed by it.  There is a chapter entitled 'Buddhist Economics', but
the whole book (if unreliable memory serves) is Buddhist-influenced.  I must
read it again.

Sinhavacin