[Buddha-l] Re: crazy wisdom

Bernie Simon bsimon at toad.net
Tue Nov 29 18:15:05 MST 2005

On Nov 29, 2005, at 2:00 PM, "John Whalen-Bridge" <ellwbj at nus.edu.sg>
wrote:

> I have a question for anyone familiar with Tibetan Buddhism.  Was
> Trungpa's "Crazy Wisdom" dharma his own invention?  Clearly one could
> look to the Marpa/Milarepa relationship and say, in a vague way, that
> there is a precededent for unorthodox teaching methods.

There's ample precedent for crazy behavior in the lives of the eighty
four mahasiddhas. Closer to the present time, Khenpo Gangshar, one of
Chogyam Trungpa's teachers and a well known figure in Kham, was
renowned or notorious (take your pick) for his crazy behavior.

----
And though I am nothing of a builder
Here I dreamt I was an architect