[Buddha-l] Lance's Remarks on Attan.com

L.S. Cousins selwyn at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 19 01:16:20 MST 2005

Brad Clough:

>Could we impose on you to list here some of the works you regard as
>most useful on this topic?

That would take more time than I am prepared to devote to this at
present. It will have to wait until the spirit moves me. And I find
that the spirit is a very changing and impermanent thing.

Of course, despite the intense dislike of it on the website, Steve
Collins's book: _Selfless Persons_ (different title in US ?) remains
the best treatment. See also: Collins, Steven "What are Buddhists
doing when they deny a self?" in  _Religion and Practical Reason_
(ed. Reynolds, Frank E. and Tracy, David), State University of New
York Press, 1994.

Lance