[Buddha-l] Re: Christian meditation and eastern symbolism

Michael J. Wilson michaeljameswilson at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 20:38:07 MST 2005

        Friend, you inspire me! Your way is my way. Peace.  I don't have a definition of religion, well, have never really needed to think of one.  There is one near definition that comes as close to a definition as I can think of at the moment. What else is there in this "timeless moment"? I would like to leave the origin of the saying a mystery.  (It was not Ariosto who said something like believing in mystery, hazard, and infinity):

   "God is human perfection and man is divine limitation."

  If wishes were horses beggars would go riding.

  All the best
  Michael

buddha-l-request at mailman.swcp.com wrote:
  > Religions are all different variations of the same
> quest - there is no denying a mystical inner force in
> the universe - unbroken wholeness.

That's a quite interesting statement for me. I think
that it's necessary to know what you think a religion
is in order to really understand it. Could you explain
me (us) what is your definition of "religion"?

Best wishes,

Beni