[Buddha-l] Critiques of Buddhism

Chan Fu chanfu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:57:27 MST 2005

On 11/17/05, Joy Vriens <joy.vriens at nerim.net> wrote:
> Richard P. Hayes wrote:
>
> > My main problem with unitarians is that they believe in the complete
> > unity of just one god, which is one too many gods for my tastes. On the
> > other hand, if there were a god anything at all like worthy of worship,
> > she would be one who confers salvation upon absolutely everyone, without
> > exception.
>
> Have you tried tathāgatagarbha? ;-)

Ummm...that's like toast, right?
Have I been thinking "utilitarians" all along?
Well, it's one of those ubiquitous supermarket
commodities. Branding seems to be the most
important aspic.

But now, magic, that's a whole 'nother story:
Perhaps Kenny mistranslated and the "soul" is
the magician, rather than the charioteer. :-)
No, wait!  Make that the "wife" (same difference).
I've often wondered how these spinach pizzas
appear so mysteriously in the freezer, not to
mention the oatmeal cookies in the pantry...

Anyway, her claims that I'm unconscious are
as unfounded as mine that tathāgatagarbha
isn't something you can actually be conscious
of, and if it's not either in the freezer or the pantry,
then it isn't anywhere at all and I'm just another
street magician.