[Buddha-l] Re: Attan.com

John Whalen-Bridge ellwbj at nus.edu.sg
Wed Nov 16 02:52:49 MST 2005

I think it's in "Inner Revolution: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of
Real Happiness" that Robert Thurman argues for a Buddhist conception of
the soul.  I've not got it in front of me, but my recollection is that,
according to INNER REVOLUTION, suicides who believe themselves to be
escaping bad consequences of their acts on the grounds of there being
"no self" are in for an unpleasant surprise--a position Thurman supports
with reference to Tibetan sources.   JWB

Message: 5