[Buddha-l] Re: buddhism and christianity

Stanley J. Ziobro II ziobro at wfu.edu
Fri Nov 11 10:09:18 MST 2005

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, James Ward wrote:

> The Tulsa area is a curiously "happening place" if one looks around a
> little, like most places with thinking people.  The first Tibetan monks
> I met were briefly visiting the Osage Monastery (at least one sign on
> the way there says "OM"), maintained by Benedictine nuns if I remember
> right.  Their services were very meditatively structured, syncretic
> without imagery and proper nouns.  I think at least one of the sisters
> had been to India more than once, as well.  I liked it a lot -- it's a
> very peaceful place.

Sr. Pasqualine Coff might be the nun of whom you're thinking.

When I was a monk I had connections with Tibetan and Son Buddhists.  On
several occasions I had them over for varying lengths of time for dialogue
and simply sharing our life.  What impressed me about these episodes was
the implicit understanding and appreciation we held towards one another
based on the general monastic ethos that seems to cut across doctrinal and
cultural lines.

Stan Ziobro