[Buddha-l] Hindu's Criticism

Wong Weng Fai wongwf at comp.nus.edu.sg
Sun Nov 6 09:13:41 MST 2005

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005, Ngawang Dorje wrote:

> See:
> http://www.veda.harekrsna.cz/encyclopedia/buddhism.htm
>
> Had any Buddhist response to the critism by Hindus? Where can I find them?

There is a saying in Cantonese that aptly captures the whole thing in my
humble opinion: a chicken talking to a duck ("chuck chuck chuck" "quack
quack quack" "CHUCK! CHUCK! CHUCK!" "QUACK! QUACK! QUACK!"). I fail to see
how citing from one's favorite scripture a stanza ad verbatim that says
exactly the opposite of what your opponent says settles anything.

W.F. Wong